Removing Private Sip Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cecubo

Sep 5, 2019
Spain
Hi Everyone

I have noticed that on some incoming calls, we are receiving some private sip headers that are confusing the receiving extensions, to the point that they do not respond to FreeSwitches INVITE (SDP) packets.

The headers in question are:
P-Charging-Vector
P-Early-Media
P-Acme-VSA
P-Acme-VSA-1
P-Acme-VSA-2

I am not sure which of the headers is causing the problem, so in the dialplan I have tried to remove them using action unset via FusionPBXs dialplan manager.

Code:
condition    destination_number    ^(9123456789)$                        0    10  
action        set                    hangup_after_bridge=true            0    20  
action        set                    continue_on_fail=true                0    30  
action        unset                P-Charging-Vector                    0    31  
action        unset                P-Early-Media                        0    32  
action        unset                P-Acme-VSA                            0    33  
action        unset                P-Acme-VSA-1                        0    34  
action        unset                P-Acme-VSA-2                        0    35  
action        transfer            470 XML wibble.whatever.net            0    50

Unfortunately this does not seem to work, and the headers are still present in the INVITE packet to the extension.
I did try flushing the cache via Status -> SIP Status but it didn't seem to help.

Any ideas on how to remove these private headers from the packets before sending the INVITE to the extensions ?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Normally SIP headers are manipulated in the dial plan using a variable name that represents the name of the header in question. These variables are prefixed by "sip_h_" so P-Acme-VSA-1 would be referenced as sip_h_P-Acme-VSA-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.