Ring group calls forwarding if member has Call Forward Always enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

riza

Oct 19, 2018
I was wondering if anybody has found a solution or workaround for this - I have a ring group configured which rings all phones in the office at once for the main number calls.

The phones also have direct dial numbers assigned to their extensions.

If any of the users has Call Forward Always enabled on their phone, it also forwards all of the calls made to the ring group. This is on Yealink T46S handsets.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Cheers,
RG

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The behavior depends on which version Fusionpbx you are running.
Generally if Ring Group is set to “simultaneous” it will not follow forwards etc.
Master branch (4.5) has additional options to follow forwards or not.

Reactions: riza

riza

Oct 19, 2018
Generally if Ring Group is set to “simultaneous” it will not follow forwards etc.

Thanks, we are running 4.4 so looks like an update is on the cards!

riza

Oct 19, 2018
Heres the update;
- Upgraded to Master branch (4.5+) on testing server
- Now have the 'Follow Me' option in Ring Groups, tried setting this to False
- This didn't make a difference
- When the Always Forward is just set on the handset, it forwards the ring group calls and does not offer to other handsets
- When the forward is set on FusionPBX under Call Routing as well, the Ring Group call is offered to the forwarding destination as well as the other handsets
- When I set the ring group type to Enterprise, it does not seem to follow the forward at all if it is just set on the handset
- If the forward is set under Call Routing on the extension, Enterprise behaves the same as Simultaneous

I think I'll just leave the off/on feature codes for Call Routing out of the phone config so the phone handles the forwarding, and then set the Ring Group to Enterprise as this seems to meet my requirements.

rbetancor

Jul 10, 2020

Thanks for pointing that option, but it have a drawback, it doesn't set the Diversion header, as a direct call to the extension does.

Status
Not open for further replies.