SOLVED Ring group with external number

Status
Not open for further replies.

albert-g

Aug 11, 2020
I have ring group which contains some extensions and also one external number, and the idea is that when "Ring group" receiving a call it will call to 2 extension and one outbound number simultaneously. And now the problem is that call is successfully going to external number, but internal extensions dropping after a second, so it cant initiate calls simultaneously. Can someone advise If I this is the right way, and maybe I should also enable something, to make it work.
P.S. In sequence strategy calls working great.

1611044053929.png

Attachments

• 1611044036218.png
    1611044036218.png
    7 KB · Views: 7

atmosphere617

May 19, 2018
Is it possible one of your UA's is forwarding the call? If you are using the "simultaneous" strategy fs will blindly follow any redirect from the UA.

Have you tried "enterprise" origination? This will bridge each channel in a separate thread and ignore redirects. In my experience, this is usually the desired behavior.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Is it possible one of your UA's is forwarding the call? If you are using the "simultaneous" strategy fs will blindly follow any redirect from the UA.

Have you tried "enterprise" origination? This will bridge each channel in a separate thread and ignore redirects. In my experience, this is usually the desired behavior.
You have that backwards.
Simultaneous will only dial the initial endpoints unless "Call forward" and/or "Follow Me" is set to true in Ring group.
1611071384357.png

Enterprise has always allowed for redirected calls since it uses multiple threads.

My guess is the external number is somehow telling Freeswitch the call has been "Answered" even though it may still only be ringing. This is common with using Analog trunks as gateways but I've seen a few SIP carriers send the wrong messages.

atmosphere617

May 19, 2018
You have that backwards.
Simultaneous will only dial the initial endpoints unless "Call forward" and/or "Follow Me" is set to true in Ring group.
View attachment 1997

Enterprise has always allowed for redirected calls since it uses multiple threads.

My guess is the external number is somehow telling Freeswitch the call has been "Answered" even though it may still only be ringing. This is common with using Analog trunks as gateways but I've seen a few SIP carriers send the wrong messages.
Ah, good catch. I always get the delimiters mixed up, should've looked that up before posting.

abelitouci

Jul 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
We have exactly the same problem where the customer wants each call to ring on the internal extensions and his cell simultaneously, everything works fine but when the cell if turned off or out of coverage the call goes straight to the cell voicemail without even ringing on the internal exts, freeswitch is detencting the call was answered at that point, i have played a couple of scenarios but i don't think there is any solution or workaround for this.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
To avoid cell phone voicemail from taking over the call, use "confirm" on external numbers. This will require users who answer the call on a cell phone to press "1" to accept the call or "2" to reject the call. If a user's cell phone is turned off, they may end up with a garbage voicemail asking to confirm the call but inbound calls will continue to route as expected.

Edson

Aug 1, 2017
To avoid cell phone voicemail from taking over the call, use "confirm" on external numbers. This will require users who answer the call on a cell phone to press "1" to accept the call or "2" to reject the call. If a user's cell phone is turned off, they may end up with a garbage voicemail asking to confirm the call but inbound calls will continue to route as expected.
Dear, what do you mean by "confirm". Where should i set up this?

Sorry, i just found it!Thanks for claryfing anyway.Regards!

1642866282229.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.