Scheduled Tabular Reporting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
Is anyone using any software, utilities, etc to generate tabular reports (and email them)?

We have several customers who are asking for reports, and knowing that phone reporting is 'dependent on the call flow' in a lot of ways, and most of these customers ("Executives") aren't keen to log in to a portal and type in a bunch of criteria, I'm looking for something that we can write reports in, pointed to the CDR and do various tabulations on, and have emailed on a scheduled basis.

"This many calls came in on these DIDs"
"These options in the IVR were chosen this many times"
"This quantity of calls went to queue, timed out, and/or were answered"
"Agent answer rates per agent were..."

Etc, etc.

We use iNetclear reporting for lots of internal use cases, and haven't tried linking it up to the CDR DB yet. I know that we have a pretty steep climb to get SQL queries to a point where we can answer the above questions based on the CDR too... I'd love to know if there is any way to separate CDR 'lines' in the DB for each leg/transaction/etc, rather than each one be a single line with the huge chunk of XML (I think it was XML, it's been a minute since I was looking at it) data that represents the whole call path.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Reactions: ict2842

Dast

Nov 11, 2019
I just copied the existing CDR script and made some modifications, mainly where it now acts as a JSON API endpoint. It was somewhat a pain to initially convert to returning json instead of html, due to the way fusionpbx code is structured, but only really has to be done once.

This allows me to leverage the existing CDR search functionality and not having to worry about fusionpbx sql. I then have a remote app that queries this new CDR JSON API to build its report.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Would love this to be a built-in feature of FusionPBX. It's one of the few reasons we have to lose revenue and put them on a 3CX instead (the other being the proprietary desktop/phone app that does advanced presence, queues, etc)

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
I just spent a few days building a basic Django application that sends out the results of several queries to given recipients. I can't do fancy tabulation like I would be able to with something like iNetClear or Crystal, but it made the customer happy.

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
I just spent a few days building a basic Django application that sends out the results of several queries to given recipients. I can't do fancy tabulation like I would be able to with something like iNetClear or Crystal, but it made the customer happy.
Can you please share the code with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.