SIP via TLS on Polycom Phone (latest firmware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyryko

Jul 12, 2017
Recently upgraded our Fusion from stable to master. We also did a new install and imported, everything has been working great so far, but we did not have TLS previously.

I followed the docs and have it working via MicroSip soft phone but on our Polycom VVX 450 with latest firmware it is not working.

Here are the reoccurring errors from the phone:
1206010544|sip |4|00|MakeTlsConnection: SSL_connect failed 'error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure' err -1
1206010544|sip |4|00|MakeTlsConnection: connection failed error -1
1206010544|app1 |4|00|Failure reason is error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
I found a forum post from a while back about importing old configs and the SSL version being set poorly. This did help and after changing Advanced > Variables > SIP > sip_tls_version to tlsv1.2 MicoSip would register but not the polycom.

We used dehydrated to get the LetsEncrypt cert, but used the PREFERED_ROOT option to hopefully help with device compatibility.

I've also imported the cert to the phone but not entirely sure I did it right, also doesn't the latest Poly 6.x support the new LE certs?

If someone can help find a spot to look that would be awesome!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.