Teams Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
Has anyone here integrated with TEAMS and to what level have you been successful? My biggest client is moving everyone to teams and they said if we can "work with them" and integrate we can keep some of the business. Otherwise they are moving to a big name VOIP company.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
What is to what level?

I have teams working for calls in and out, transfers, hold work etc.

The real question I suppose is what do they expect from you. What is an integration?

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
What is to what level? - That's sort of my question, what functionality and benefits/features are there to integrating with Teams? What is and is not possible.

IE can we still route all inbound/outbound traffic through my system? Can they call to/from other extensions that are still physical/not teams?

Do you have some documentation/etc on how to do this?

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
I too would also like to know how to provide direct routing through Teams? From my understanding you can only do this by using an Microsoft approved SBC device?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
No documentation but you certainly do not need an approved sbc. Currently, I have extensions on Teams that just get dialed like regular extensions on FusionPBX, I'm using three digit extension numbers like I have on the PBX. Teams users just dial in the same way normal extensions do.

One thing I have not been able to get is to be able to dial * codes but these could easily be mapped without the *.

teamsringing.png

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I'm currently using a VPS appliance, opensips/freeswitch. I think I could integrate to FusionPBX directly but it would be much more difficult. This method is far more generic. The teams extensions just tregister via the appliance to FusionPBX like any other endpoint, this also gives you the ability to connect the teams to, say for example, my billing server for sip trunk clients.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
I know you're a busy guy Daz but if you ever find the spare time, I would be in your debt if you could document a workable solution for being able to provide Teams direct routing. It's a common request from more and more customers these days.

robvandenbulk

Mar 28, 2020
But you certainly do not need an approved sbc!
Currently, I have extensions on Teams that just get dialed like regular extensions on FusionPBX,
I'm using three digit extension numbers like I have on the PBX. Teams users just dial in the same way normal extensions do.

I am able to dial * codes.

I use Kamailio as a sbc and letsencrypt certficates.

Greetings Rob

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
But you certainly do not need an approved sbc!
Currently, I have extensions on Teams that just get dialed like regular extensions on FusionPBX,
I'm using three digit extension numbers like I have on the PBX. Teams users just dial in the same way normal extensions do.

I am able to dial * codes.

I use Kamailio as a sbc and letsencrypt certficates.

Greetings Rob
How can you dial * codes from Teams, was there something you needed to change in the Teams dialplan?

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
I did a training with dSipRouter guys yesterday and they said everything is possible except for TEAMS to on prem transfers.

I am excited to give it a try and get it setup but we were having some issues since I am using AWS.

robvandenbulk

Mar 28, 2020
How can you dial * codes from Teams, was there something you needed to change in the Teams dialplan?
Wen you dail * from Teams, Teams will ad a + and Country code (b.e. Netherlands=31) *760 will be +31*760,

So Kamailio must strip the +31 ect, and then the *760 will go to he FusionPBX.

Small b.e. kamailio.cfg file

if(starts_with("$var(tuser)", "+31")) {
$var(tuser) = $(var(tuser){s.strip,3});
uac_replace_to("sip:$var(tuser)@$rd:5060;user=phone");
}
if(starts_with("$rU", "+31")) {
if($(rU{s.len}) > 5) {
strip(3);
}

robvandenbulk

Mar 28, 2020
Wen you dail * from Teams, Teams will ad a + and Country code (b.e. Netherlands=31) *760 will be +31*760,

}
if($(rU{s.len}) > 5) {
strip(3);
}
Same fore #

robvandenbulk

Mar 28, 2020
I did a training with dSipRouter guys yesterday and they said everything is possible except for TEAMS to on prem transfers.

I am excited to give it a try and get it setup but we were having some issues since I am using AWS.
Everything on the Teams APP works on Kamailio (i think dSipRouter is based on Kamailio) but cost licences. MAKE YOUR OWN Kamailio server

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018

}
if($(rU{s.len}) > 5) {
strip(3);
}
FYI: If you really want to you can strip the + out on the Microsoft side using dial plan rules.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018

I'm using DSIP and am fairly happy with it but there is a transfer issue.

Reactions: yukon

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Do you guys have any idea how to transfer a call to "call park" in fusionPBX, have you tried it?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have not managed to do * codes in call. I haven't tackled it yet but figured I would have to duplicate the park to another feature code without a *

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I replaced the *5901 with 995901 and you still can't transfer to this number for a call park in teams because the number length is too short. You will need to create a new speed dial "Call Park 1" and assign it the number "995901" then you can transfer to speed dial and it seems to work fine, just gave it a test.

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
For those of you with teams working. What licenses did you need to get on the MS Teams side? Do you need the $12 add-on for E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.