Timeout when creating domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

modcar

Jun 9, 2017
Hello all;

I have 2 multi-tenant FusionPBX's and they now both get an Nginx 504 timeout when creating domains. If the page is reloaded (not refreshed), it loads and pops up the green domain added bar at the top of the screen.

Is there a simple way to fix this?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The only simple fix is to upgrade to latest master branch.

Mark very recently changed the behavior for domain creation in master branch. On 4.4 and older (a few weeks) master branches, the code was running "app defaults" on all existing domains plus the new domain causing the web server to timeout. Now it only updates the new domain to avoid the time out scenario.

If upgrading isn't feasible at the moment, you could probably change some nginx settings but I'm not sure what those would be.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
loads and pops up the green domain added bar at the top of the screen
Are you saying it's successful in creating a domain?

This used to happen on very old version of Fusion, but PHP running in the backend would still manage to create the domains; irrespective of the 504.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
This used to happen on very old version of Fusion

This used to happen in very recent versions of master if you had enough domains.

App defaults got ran on every domain so when you got to about 120 domains it became very slow or timed out.

Mark acknowledged that the routine could do with some work and though I haven't tested or looked at the code, my understanding is that this is now fixed in latest master.

modcar

Jun 9, 2017
Hey, has this progressed at all? I'm looking at a 15-20 minute time just to create a domain.

I adjusted my page timeout to something stupid like 2 hours - so now the page doesn't time out, but it holds the whole UI up while I create this domain. Sometimes it only holds it up for me, other times it holds it up for any visitor - so no one is able to login

modcar

Jun 9, 2017
Version 4.4.1

473 active domains - this PBX has no registrations and is used to forward calls out to mobiles and using okays prepaid billing module

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You do not have the fix implemented. Its never going to get better. Unless you are prepared to upgrade you are probably going to need official fusionpbx support to help you. Even that may not possibly be available now.

Status
Not open for further replies.