VM - Skip Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Hello
I have an inbound route to ring group 600. After 30 seconds it times out and transfers to VM 700. I would like the caller to only hear the greeting followed by the beep; I don't wish them to hear any instructions. Is there a way to set this via the GUI and where do I look? I've found command line instructions for FreeSwitch but not for FusionPBX. Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

FreeSwitch Command Line Instructions

vm-skip-instructions​

This disables instructions for how to leave a message, and instead just plays a beep.

<param name="vm-skip-instructions" value="true"/>

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
This should do it. If you only want to skip instructions for the one mailbox, you may need to duplicate this dialplan entry and match the conditions to the specific mailbox.

There are some other variables you can set inside if you need to: /usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/app/voicemail/index.lua

Skip_instructions.png

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Thank you for the information. I'll look into it.

While I'm on VM and the dial plan, I want to create a one button access to VM 700. So in the account information of my Microsip softphone I've added *98700#,xxxxxx#. When I press the voice mail button (on the softphone) I gain access to VM 700. Is there a better way of doing this in the dialplan and if so, how? Do I start off by creating a new code (say, *90) then within the dial plan I would sdd 70#,xxxxx# as a dial string. Perhaps this is already in place and al I'd need to do is edit the info and add my new VM number along with the password?

Status
Not open for further replies.