Voice Mail Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
In FreePBX, I could use an select a destination of voicemail and then one of four greeting types. This was great because I could have one voicemail box and play a different recording/greeting depending on the circumstance for which the user was sent to the voicemail box. Is there any way to do this with FusionPBX?

I don't know that this will help, but...
The first several clients I have lined up use the same call flow:
  • Inbound Call >
  • Time condition - Holidays >
    • If Closed:
      • Announcement (we are currently closed for the holiday and will return on x day) >
      • Voicemail (no message)
    • If Open:
      • Time Condition - Business Hours >
        • If Open:
          • Call Center - Ring All >
          • If the caller has waited 3 minutes and no answer -> Voicemail (Unavailable busy: We are currently assisting other callers, please leave a message, etc.)
        • If Closed:
          • Voicemail (Unavailable message: We are currently closed, please leave a message, etc.)

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
From memory... I think you can set a channel variable possibly called voicemail_greeting_number.

Set this variable to the number corresponding to the greeting number in Applications->Voicemails->(Tools)->Greetings.

Reactions: ict2842

rubberducky

Aug 30, 2017
I usually solve this with a mixture of time conditions and IVR menus with 1ms timeouts. I.e., I have an IVR called "Christmas", and it plays a "merry christmas, ya filthy animal" then sends the caller to a vm box.

Set up your IVR menu:
Set your Greet Long to the recording you've uploaded.
Don't set anything under options.
Set Timeout to 1.
Set exit action to the vm box you want it to go to.
Set Direct Dial to False (don't want them poking around your phone system when no one is there).
Save.

Then go to time conditions, set up the dates/times you want, and point them at the ivr you just made.

Person calls -> time conditions route them to the IVR -> IVR plays its message and shoots em off to voicemail.

Likely not as clean and efficient as @Adrian Fretwell but it gets the job done for me.

Reactions: ict2842
Status
Not open for further replies.