Voicemail Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan.davis

Apr 24, 2019
Hello everyone, I just had some questions with Fusions voicemail app.

1. I was wondering if it is possible to lock a voicemail inbox for a short time after a certain amount of incorrect password attempts? I know that if you try a wrong password 3 times it will hangup, but we are wanting to lock down the inbox for a few minutes if possible.

2. Is there a way for a user to have a greeting for their extension, without the ability to receive messages?

3. Is it possible to limit voicemail messages based on the amount of storage space?

4. Is there a way to have different options for transferring to a voicemail inbox? If it's in DND it wouldn't go to voicemail but if there is no answer off of DND it would go to voicemail.

5. Is it possible for a user account to view their voicemails through the FusionPBX gui without seeing other inboxes?

Thanks for any information you guys can help me with!

Last edited:

jordan.davis

Apr 24, 2019
For question 5 we figured out how to accomplish this by creating a new menu item that links the user directly to /app/voicemails/voicemail_messages.php and giving the user privileges in group manager. If anyone could help shed some light on the other questions that would be great. Thanks!

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
1. I was wondering if it is possible to lock a voicemail inbox for a short time after a certain amount of incorrect password attempts? I know that if you try a wrong password 3 times it will hangup, but we are wanting to lock down the inbox for a few minutes if possible.
Of course it's possible. You will need to track "failed attempts" and create the logic around that, and checking if a voicemail is not accessible.

2. Is there a way for a user to have a greeting for their extension, without the ability to receive messages?
I think I heard of people setting the record time to "1 second" or something like that.
Personally, I would use and IVR or recording, and then hang up.

3. Is it possible to limit voicemail messages based on the amount of storage space?
Not sure about this one. There is a "truncating" script that will keep files for X days. That would keep storage lower as an alternative.

5. Is it possible for a user account to view their voicemails through the FusionPBX gui without seeing other inboxes?
Yes. Assign the "user" (make sure they are not admin or superadmin) to the "user list" in the extension. Then when they log in, they can see their voicemail and their call forwarding, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.