VoIP.MS Gateway Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Can anyone comment on how to set up a gateway for voip.ms? Whenever I try and register, I get an error message: "Invalid Profile [external]"

Here are the settings I'm using:

-Gatewayname: VoIP.ms
-Username: Your VoIP.ms account number xxxxxx
-Password: The password you used to sign up
-From User: Same as username
-From Domain: montreal9.voip.ms
-Proxy: montreal9.voip.ms
-Realm: montreal9.voip.ms
-Expire Seconds: 300
-Register: True (as it is)
-Context: Leave as default (I'm not acknowledged on what its for, so better default for now)
-Profile: Same as above
-Enabled: True
-Description: Any description you'd like to set to the trunk

Thanks in advance for any help that canbe provided.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
On a default installation you should have a SIP profile called external. Maybe you have disabled it or edited it in some way to make it invalid?

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Hello
The external SIP profile is enabled. The only thing I did was change the sip_port to 5060. I have another SIP trunk and it registers okay to another server.

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
I got it to work. I found someone else had run into a similar issue with the internal profile and they had gone to Advance > Upgrade > App Defaults. I wound up running each "action" and then rebooted the server. Haven't set up an outbound or inbound route yet, but at least the gateway is now registered. Thanks again for the help.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I'm glad you got it to work. By default, the internal SIP profiles uses port 5060, so you can not change the external SIP profile to use 5060 unless it is listening on a different IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.