What have you changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubberducky

Aug 30, 2017
I've been using fusion for many years now. Started off using thirdlane, and after ditching that steaming pile found that this was a MUCH better solution.
Over time we've gone in and edited things, added features, customized existing ones, and made it more our own. Some things:

Notes.
Using PHP, javascript and osTicket api we put in two notes section. One is general information like "The receptionists name is Mary and the Dr loves doughnuts on tuesday." The second part is individual items such as "Mary called, asked to forward the calls on 02/02/22" or for things that need tickets opened like "The Dr wants calls forwarded from x time to y time every day".

Ticketing/support
Using screenconnect for remote desktop and osticket api for opening tickets, our clients can get support directly through the user portal.

e911/addresses
We have an option to set up a new address, then go to the extension, choose the address, and have it update e911 via our trunking provider's (questblue) api.

911 SMS
Sends a text via the questblue api to the client when any of their staff calls 911. Especially useful for our multi-site clients.

Billing
A mix between Stripe and QuickBooks api's and adding another user profile, our clients can log into their user portal and view their billing statements, update credit cards, etc.

Voicemail Forwarding
Came up with a nifty little tool that lets you forward voicemails from one box to another.

Reporting
We noticed that clients running call centers were constantly on reporting which liked to hang up the system, so we separated reporting onto its own server.

Future projects
Chat/Text via Clover. Check em out on codecanyon, they're awesome.
HA/Failover cluster. One of my engineers is beating his head on this now.

I'm curious as to what everyone else has done.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Not an awful lot myself, sticking to the upstream where possible. We did try to simplify the address book, as the existing 'Contacts' page is a bit overwhelming and I personally can't see anyone doing more than name and number. In the end, I just removed permissions for everything except telephony.

Oh, the Outbound Routes gets it's own <select> statement too as the current one is very Ameri-centric.

Reactions: rubberducky

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
We have not added very much to the GUI.

We had to code our own call centre wallboard because the commercials did not work for us in paying the whatever colour membersip that was required at the time.

We built a few desktop apps that did BLFs, chat, call stats and clipboard dial etc. and as a consequence we had to code our own API to get CDR stats and interact with the contacts tables.

I made an option for customers to download all of their call recordings in a daily zip file.

We don't bill from Fusion instead relying on our SIP trunk platform for that, our billing platform is getting a little long in the tooth now, I wrote it using php and mysql back in 2006. I am gradually migrating everything from php to Python these days.

Most of our other additions have been behind the scenes. Various Nagois integrations like MOS scores and UDP buffer monitoring etc. Some statistics (reports) that are automatically emailed to customers every day/week/month, and a few shell scripts that give a quick view of PBX statistics like concurrent calls, registrations etc.

FusionPBX no longer features on our platform roadmap, we are sill using FreeSWITCH but with a different GUI wrap. I will not use any elements that are closed source.

Oh and on the subject of outbound routes, I devised a more UK appropriate regex:
Code:
^9?((?:999)|(?:[04](?(?<=4)4\d{9,17}|\d{9,17}))|(?:(?<=9)[^9]\d{2,17}))$

Status
Not open for further replies.