Whats this setting in Time Conditions do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
It just refers to the group number in the dialplan. Each "Setting" forms a separate group of dialplan conditions.

Summer

Oct 22, 2021
Ah ok. I don't really understand the purpose of group numbers in general with Freeswitch and dialplans. Admittedly I am new to this.

MKNGRP

Mar 26, 2021
Ah ok. I don't really understand the purpose of group numbers in general with Freeswitch and dialplans. Admittedly I am new to this.
Group numbers are very helpful. Imagine this scenario - your client works Monday to Friday from 9 to 5 but suddenly on Wednesday, April 5th they need to leave at 12 rather than 5. Your original time condition is numbered at 500 - the new time condition is numbered at 505 (the from 9-12). Fusion will go by the numbering when looking at the time condition, so it reads the 500 first and then, the 505. To ensure that 505 takes priority - since its an unusual time, based on the usual - you must number it as 500 and number the original time condition as 505. So fusion will priorities the 9-12 first and then move on to the next setting if the time condition does not pertain to that specific day. I hope this made sense.

Summer

Oct 22, 2021
So the lowest value number takes pioriety. This means you could have a cascade of conditional checks where the first in the list is the one which is accepted?

It would be very ideal if this input field was labelled something meaningful and perhaps put at the start of the form block for each condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.