Which gateway / outbound route used

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybermaus

Mar 7, 2021
Netherlands
So I nicely got FusionPBX running on my RasPi. And pretty much everything is working.

And despite my question in the title, I *am* able to figure out what gateway was used, and I do believe I got the routing as I want.
But I have to do it by connecting to the FreeSwitch console (fs_cli -rR) and digging through a whole heap of logs
Which is kind of opposite to the rest of FusionBPBX, which in my view otherwise does a good job of hiding all the deep technical stuff.

So I find it rather strange that the FusionPBX CDR (Caller Detail Records), especially when I click on a single one to get more details, show me pretty much every itty-bitty detail, but *not* the gateway nor outbound route being used. Nor the codec used for that matter, only the codecs offered.

Is there a reason for that?
Is there another (easy accessible) place I could find those details.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
In the CDR JSON detail page:
bridge_channel should show bridge statement used to see which gateway was used.
rtp_use_codec_name will show the codec the call settled on using. There are other places that will show codec used also
Application Log and other data below will show what happened in the call and why.​

cybermaus

Mar 7, 2021
Netherlands
Thanks

So I did eventually find the IP address. But not in the any "bridge_channel"
There is a "bridge" and that shows a lot of stuff, but not the gateway used, nor the routing used.

bridge {ignore_early_media=true}[sip_invite_domain=fusionpbx,domain_name=fusionpbx ,call_direction=inbound,confirm=false,leg_timeout=30,leg_delay_start=0,dial ed_extension=201,extension_uuid=c3xxxxxx-768e-42c8-b9f9-49e305xxxxxx]user/2 01@fusionpbx,[sip_invite_domain=fusionpbx,domain_name=fusionpbx,call_direct ion=inbound,confirm=false,leg_timeout=30,leg_delay_start=0,dialed_extension =202,extension_uuid=52xxxxxx-6606-4819-91af-c4775cxxxxxx]user/202@fusionpbx
(I obfuscated some uuid's because I am not sure if they could be benificial for hacking)

In fact, I know and can search the name/number of the route and the gateway, and I assure you, those are nowhere on the CDR page.
However, I can indeed find the gateways IP address. So there is that at least.

switch_m_sdp v=0 o=cybexxxxxx 1615xxxxxx 1615xxxxxx IN IP4 77.xx.xx.xx s=SIP Call c=IN IP4 77.xx.xx.xx t=0 0 m=audio 35848 RTP/AVP 0 101 a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000 a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000 a=ptime:20

So I guess that will have to do.

Also it seems indeed the codec is shown. I was focussing on rtp_use_codec_string, which shows a whole list.
rtp_use_codec_string G7221@32000h,G7221@16000h,G722,PCMU,PCMA

But indeed, as you say there is a rtp_use_codec_name
rtp_use_codec_name PCMA

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
In the cdr detail page, scroll all the way down past channel variables and you will see some bridge statements, it is application log as ad5ou
mentioned, I think or the section below it. Those bridge statements will list the uuid of the gateway, and the last one in the list was the last one used if the call was successful or tried if the call failed. Above that section you will find the codec used, go over each line in the channel variables, you will see the codec on both ends from fusions perspective that matter. The selection of the outbound route I get from the logs if I need it. It might be in CDR detail, but I haven't looked at a cdr in a while.

cybermaus

Mar 7, 2021
Netherlands
Well, it seems during "active call", the bridge used is nicely displayed in "human readible" (FreeVoipDeal) below.
1616844597723.png

But as soon as it becomes a historic record, it becomes a uuid.
This is the exact same event.
1616845025779.png
Now, hope springs eternal....is there some setting somewhere I can display the name always
More realistically, is there some place we can suggest this as enhancement?

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
So, there's two approaches here. My buddy edited the page source to match uuid with gateway name and subs it in.

My preferred way is to get comfortable with where the uuids come from and mentally make the connection. I personally compare the last few characters from the uuids and grab from db, but the gateways page that corresponds to the gateways will also list the gateway uuids in the url, so it's doable. As to suggesting that as an enhancement, good luck! You can have the same name for 10 gateways. It *could lose its effectiveness so making that a global improvement doesnt seem like it'll happen.

Reactions: cybermaus
Status
Not open for further replies.