basic extension registration with non-standard port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Mattingly

Dec 16, 2017
I just installed and am evaluating fusionpbx for replacement of existing freepbx system. I am trying to register a spare extension on a linksys spa8000. The spa8000 is a sip adapter that converts 8 analog phones to sip. It has a single IP address and so each phone has a different port number. So I have to set the port on fusionpbx to something other than the standard 5060 and I cannot figure out how to do this. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Why do you need to change the port on fusionPBX? What does fusionpbx have to do with the adaptor?? You shouldn't have to touch fusionpbx to make this work.

Doug Mattingly

Dec 16, 2017
Fusion pbx is listening for inside extensions on port 5060. However, since the spa8000 has 8 extensions on 1 IP address, only one of the extensions can have the standard port 5060. The extension I am testing is programmed with port 5160 and so the registration is failing. The extensions on freepbx also defaulted to the standard 5060 but it was simple to change so the phone would register. I just cannot find how to do so on fusionpbx.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Sorry, I still do not follow. FuionPBX= X.X.X.X:5060 spa8000 Y.Y.Y.Y:5060 Why would that be a problem?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
PS, you can change the port in the advanced/sip profiles in the GUI, I just don't see how this will help.

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
I sort of understand the question. Under extension settings in FreePBX, you can define a different sip port for the client to use. When it comes to FusionPBX, you don't define the client sip port here. If you want different extensions in spa 8000 to use different local ports, please change them in spa 8000 itself. FusionPBX doesn't care which port the sip signalling is coming from.

Doug Mattingly

Dec 16, 2017
In my current freepbx system, most of my phones are polycom on standard port 5060. However, I have this spa8000 which serves 8 analog phones. Since the adapter is a single IP address serving 8 phones, each phone has a different port in order to be unique. In the freepbx system, I had to set the port to match when I programmed the extension in the pbx. On fusionpbx, the registration was failing, so I figured that was probably because the port needed to be configured to 5160 to match the phone. However, I just rebooted the spa8000 and the extension registered with fusionpbx and, in fact shows up as port 5160. So apparently fusionpbx detects the port and just goes with it? It somewhat makes me curious as to what the internal profile under sip_profiles does, but now that I have my first registration, I'm not going to let it slow me down!

Thank you for your help!

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
Since the adapter is a single IP address serving 8 phones, each phone has a different port in order to be unique.
I don't think there is no need to have different ports but Cisco is sometimes "special".

However, I just rebooted the spa8000 and the extension registered with fusionpbx and, in fact shows up as port 5160.
As I said, you can enter any port as local sip port in spa 8000 as long as Fusion is always at 5060.

So apparently fusionpbx detects the port and just goes with it?

Correct!

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
Oh I forgot to add: I think port 5160 in FreePBX is for CHAN_SIP and port 5060 for PJSIP, the two SIP drivers battling it out in the Asterisk land :)

With CHAN_SIP you have the option to specify a client port as well, where as PJSIP doesn't appear to have that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.