Call center queue timeout action is never triggered

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurabG

Aug 25, 2022
I have a call center queue set up, "Max Wait Time with No Agent" is set to 90 and "Max Wait Time with No Agent Time Reached" is set to 30 (and I don't know the difference between these two settings), there is no available agent on this call center, but the callers keep listening the hold music forever. It never falls back to the timeout action. What am I doing wrong?

TurabG

Aug 25, 2022
Anybody? Here is my insight after long testing hours:

- "Max Wait Time With No Agent" and "Max Wait Time with No Agent Time Reached" are the same thing according to the docs, but I don't why they co-exist. Besides, both are definitely disregarded. Whatever you set here doesn't change anything, the caller waits forever if there are no agents available. (I.e. timeout action is never performed.)
- "Max Wait Time" is regarded only after you restart FreeSWITCH.

Flushing XML cache and reloading from Status -> SIP Status does not help, you have to restart FreeSWITCH each time you change Max Wait Time in any of your call centers. Either this is a design flaw or there is something very abnormal here.

Any opinions, suggestions? We can't restart the switch every time we change something.

Edit: Restarting the call center from its GUI menu up top (or stopping and starting back) makes the change effective without restarting FreeSWITCH, I missed that. But "Max Wait Time With Agent" settings are still disregarded. Although there are no agents available on this call center (no agents are registered), the caller still waits for the max wait time to fall back to timeout action. How can we fix this?

Last edited:

TurabG

Aug 25, 2022
The agent timeouts are the default values and it is already low, so it can't let the hold music play forever. And nevertheless, the agents are not even registered, so the system should know that there are no agents available and trigger "No Agent Max Wait"

Status
Not open for further replies.