Can I create FusionPBX cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamin

May 13, 2021
Hello,

Can I create FusionPBX cluster 1-3 server or 1-2 server, Which document can I use? have any official guide or any other idea, Please help me.

Thanks.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Are you looking for a full load sharing cluster or just a 2 server with failover scenario?

alamin

May 13, 2021
full load sharing cluster if server 1 down then all user can connect to server 2. Thanks.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
The most simple type of cluster is using DNS, for example on AWS I used route53 health check to monitor the status of freeswitch. If a freeswitch server was down everything would re-register to the second server. With this style of cluster you need to ensure each server has enough capacity to take on the full load of another server, also you'll need to ensure all files etc are in sync.

There are many better methods but require an SBC for manage the failover.

alamin

May 13, 2021
Thanks for sharing your idea, But I think multi domain fusionpbx system point to one ip, If server one down then auto second server up, now user end extension register on second server,
my question to you, your pbx domain name point at time two ip address that means two server? If yes, so if not down your server so which ip used as register on extension?

Thanks.

Matthew Main

Jan 24, 2017
Mark teaches how to complete Master-Master replicating and fail over as part of the advanced Fusionpbx course.

Matthew Main

Jan 24, 2017
Without payment how can I use process or step ?
That would go against Mark and his training. The reason he charges for support and training is so that he can continue to develop the project. With no funding, there would be no FusionPBX.

OhSeeGee

Jan 15, 2022
Wishing I was in Jamaica
There is a free edition of the HAfs product gflow mentioned above. (From this website) I use the free edition for my home freeswitch and also development PBX cluster. I found out about it from an ITSP I worked with...so as gflow said its rock solid. (Meant for ITSP/carriers/mission critical stuff). And of course I consider my home phone to be mission critical in case I'm ordering pizza.

I think this product is very different from the approach Mark takes. I think Mark's approach involves creating redundant and shared components to gain HA. The HAfs approachs requires no shared components; i.e. one standalone box just takes over for the other standalone box. I love the simplicity.

So if this is for home use I suggest you download the free edition. There's an included user manual and installation guide in the HAfs download package. And, although their website says they don't offer support for the free edition, if you email them they'll probably send you an answer. They actually helped me a lot to get started.

The only caveat is, if you have $0 budget and you need to build something at scale, then you may have to take Mark's approach (all open source). It's also nice to support the people who put their time into FreeSWITCH. And if HAfs free edition meets your needs, send Mark a coffee anyways! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.