Changed recordings directory / Uploaded recordings not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Hello

I attempted to change the location of where recordings are stored (default settings > switch > recordings) to a separate mounted HDD with the path of /home/centos/recordings. When I attempted to upload a wav file to Apps > Recordings, it says that the file is uploaded but it isn't showing up in the GUI or in the recordings directory.

After speaking with some people in the IRC channel, it seemed easier just to set the recordings path back to default (var/lib/freeswitch/recordings) in the default settings page and create a symbolic link for this directory to my target directory of /home/centos/recordings, so I did that.

I am running on Centos7, and performed a grep of -> in the /var/lib/freeswitch directory to ensure my symbolic link is working and here is the output:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Nov 20 09:15 recordings -> /home/centos/recordings

So it appears my symbolic link is working fine from this output.

However, I restarted freeswitch, attempted to upload a recording via apps > recordings and it is no where to be found in the GUI, or the /home/centos/recordings directory.

Can someone please advise what my next steps should be at this point? It seems permission related, so I attempted to copy permissions from the /var/lib/freeswitch directory to my /home/centos/recordings directory:

chmod --reference=/var/lib/freeswitch/recordings /home/centos/recordings

However that doesn't appear to do the trick. I performed an ls -la on the /home/centos/recordings directory to check permissions and here is my output:

total 4
drwxr-x--- 2 freeswitch centos 4096 Nov 20 09:10 .
drwx------. 4 centos centos 136 Nov 15 20:59 ..

At this point, I am totally stumped, can anyone help?

Thank you!

Kenny

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@Kenny Riley I think your problem is going to be that you are using an OS not recommended by the developers so very few can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.