Clone existing domain to the new one with all users, dialplan, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baulder

Jul 17, 2017
Russia, Siberia
Could you please advice me how to clone existing domain to the new one with all users, dialplan, etc. I am using FusionPBX with PostgreSQL backend. I tried manually dump some tables, change it and restored to DB. But resulted new domain was not healthy. And it can't be corrected by hands.

Could you please tell me DBs and tables names which contains domain and its items settings?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Do you want to clone or just rename? You can rename a domain easily

Baulder

Jul 17, 2017
Russia, Siberia
I want to clone existing domain to the new ones. I have a "perfect" domain with all working settings and I don't like to make all this settings "by hands" on new domain.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
That would be something completely custom and you would need to create.

I certainly couldn't duplicate a domain, every clients is completely different, we customize to suit the client.

Baulder

Jul 17, 2017
Russia, Siberia
I understand that every client is special. I don't like monkey business of installing and setuping of each settings every time when I creating new domain. I'd like to made this tasks one time only and then clone this "Ideal" domain template.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I agree with you 100% Baulder. That is a flaw of Fusionpbx. There should be an option to clone existing domain, then you simply add the necessary extensions. Especially the "gateways" and " routing. I use the same gateways for every new client. Anyways, Freepbx has its good, the bad and the ugly and so does Fusion PBX. Those are the two I have used and have found that Freepbx has more support and more flexibility. The only reason I tried to use Fusionpbx was for the multi-tenant. But since the call strategy "rollover" does not work as designed I can't even use fusionpbx anymore. I could pay for support and would be glad to do it. But I have little confidence they could make something work that is not working now, therefore wasting my tech support money. I guess I am just frustrated. It should work but doesn't. It is supposed to try the first extension then "rollover" to the next ext if busy. Instead it just shows call waiting on the first extension. I even turned of CW in the phone itself (spa525g2) and it still does not roll over. Wish they would fix a few minor things and I would sing praises about fusion. Until then back to multi existences of freepbx

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I'm certainly not a mcrane fanboi but the last post highlights just has to be answered.

One of my personal gripes with the project is that I believe it needs top be frozen and fixed. The problem is that we really have one delevoper, mcrane. Most users just sit with their hands held out wating for their next free feature to come along. In the meantime mcrane has to make a living.

He believes the project looks stagnant if new features are not added, I argue the case that stability is more important.

Going back to the previous post though is a good example of the dilemma. Assuming he only has x amount of time to spend, we have two things above:

"There should be an option to clone existing domain" - Feature
"call strategy "rollover" does not work as designed" -Fix

So which should be done and in what order?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I'm certainly not aware the rollover is broken but I do not know how it should work and have never tried it, also the phone I believe must have call waiting disabled.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Addressing both post from above.

1: I just don't believe there should be a feature available in the drop-down menu if it's not working properly. And I am here to say that does not roll rollover properly. It continuously tries the first extension regardless of the state.

2: I did disable call waiting during my testing phase in that had no effect on the feature working properly.

I would be more than happy to contribute monetarily if I was guaranteed to work. I do respect and I'm willing to pay for someone's time

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I'm just testing this now, it appears to be a problem with the bridge.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@Andrew Byrd

I'm not familiar with how this is meant to work. Lets assume you have the timeouts set to 15 and the extensions are 201,202.

Do you expect it to ring 201 for 15 secs then progress to 202? If 201 is initially busy it goes straight to 202?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
If that is the case, on the server and you are on latest master do:

Code:
nano -w +540,62 /usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/app/ring_groups/index.lua
Your cursor should be sat above a delimiter :
Code:
|
change this to a comma

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
What I am expecting is if Ext 201 is on the phone, then it should jump immediately to ext 202. If someone is on the phone there, then it should jump to 203 . . . What it is doing now is ringing 201 regardless of state. If someone is on the phone it then goes to VM

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I tested the rollover behaviour with the comma and it DID roll over to the next one.

Baulder

Jul 17, 2017
Russia, Siberia
Going back to the previous post though is a good example of the dilemma. Assuming he only has x amount of time to spend, we have two things above:
"There should be an option to clone existing domain" - Feature
"call strategy "rollover" does not work as designed" -Fix
So which should be done and in what order?

As usual - first fix existing features and after that code of new features. It would be nice if "Domain cloning" feature will appear in future releases.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@Baulder:

On a practical level, what do you call cloning a domain?

For example, gateways, extensions, what??

There are so many things, in fact IMHO, nearly all, that are not domain specific.

I use a different gateway for each client, obviously time conditions and ivr would be completely different as would inbound routes, dids etc.

Apart from a set number of extensions, I cannot see what you would clone.

Maybe you have some custom diaplan rules but that would lead us to the, do you want all custom dialplan rules cloned or just some.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Why do you use a different gateway for each client? Does that mean you have 10 different providers?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
No, I have the billing server so each client connects to my billing server with a gateway with his own username/pass

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
What I'd like to know is how you guys who use a common gateway manage to bill your clients?

Status
Not open for further replies.