Custom Inbound Routes - Caller TN Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
Hello all,

I've got my typical inbound route for destination 13165551000 that goes to a time condition and routes to a call center (for queueing) or voicemail depending on time of day. I'm trying to route calls based on the number of the calling party, that'll override this time condition route. For example, if 18445551230 or 13162221000 calls in, they get routed to a ring group.
If I try to create another inbound route with the destination number and caller number, I get an error that a conflicting route exists. I tried to do call blocking but have it redirect the calls to the ring group instead of hang-up. That ended in a loop and the call eventually dropping - and this wouldn't work with the way the call blocking app/module is designed.

Are there any other recommendations for how to accommodate this? We're trying to make it where an alarm company or local 911 get routed to a ring group that rings the cell phones of business owners. The alarm company has a terrible one number only policy that doesn't work out great.

TIA!

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
What version on you on? I had to go to inbound routes and copy the current route then edit it with the caller_id_number and change where it went. I think on the latest version you can set this up as well with the original destination creation.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.