Default caller ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

royce3

Jun 19, 2018
under Advanced Domains, when you click on a domain, there’s a way to add settings to a domain. I see in that dialog there’s a way to add variables, but I’m not sure what to put for Category or Sub-Category

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
You can create domain level settings pretty easy. I also found you can set domain level variables. For those interested below are the instructions.

Domain Default Settings:
If you go to Default Settings under Advanced you can select any settings by clicking the checkbox. Then go to the top and click the "Copy" button. This will bring up a list of domains for you to choose from. Once selected it will copy the correct (selected) settings to the domain. You can then go to edit the domain and see all the new copied settings.

Domain Level Variables:
This is done under the Dialing Plan Manager. You can select "variables". Its there you can set any variable at the domain level.
An example would be action, SET, outbound_caller_id_number=5055551212.

Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: AIC2000

screwloose

Feb 5, 2017
Yeah so i have to manually set the outbound caller id on every extension? Seems like a lot of duplication when the extension could be set at Route level, with the option to set it at extension level when it needs to be different?

Go to Dial Plan Manager then edit the default_caller_id change the outbound_caller_id_number= ver to be what you want the default to be. If a ext has a local number the local number will be used instead the default one.

Reactions: UCtech
Status
Not open for further replies.