Follow me issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tearstone

May 11, 2018
Since installation, I never tested follow me feature, and today a customer wants follow me feature, but when I tested, I noticed system only dial first record in Follow Me section, even did not try to dial the second number. I have to enter two records here, as customer wants both deskphone and cell ring at same time. Also I noticed *21 cannot enable/disable follow me feature, even it is enabled in dial plan manager. What would be the problem? Any input is much appreciated. Fusionpbx version is 4.2

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Regarding both phones not ringing at the same time, did you set the "delay" option on both of your entries to 0? As far as *21 not working, I just tested from my 4.4. install and it works fine.. However it plays some weird buzz tone instead of saying follow me activated/deactivated, which is what I would expect it to say.

tearstone

May 11, 2018
Regarding both phones not ringing at the same time, did you set the "delay" option on both of your entries to 0? As far as *21 not working, I just tested from my 4.4. install and it works fine.. However it plays some weird buzz tone instead of saying follow me activated/deactivated, which is what I would expect it to say.

Yes, Delay option is 0, no matter what the value is, system only ring first record, never tried to call second number.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You should be upgrading, these things may well have been fixed in 4.4, what is 100% certain is there will never be any more fixes to 4.2.

tearstone

May 11, 2018
You should be upgrading, these things may well have been fixed in 4.4, what is 100% certain is there will never be any more fixes to 4.2.

I have another even older system, this feature works fine. I think this is very basic feature, there should not be bug in 4.2, that's why I'm asking here and see whether there is any related setting or possible conflict setup.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
It is a very basic feature and it should and does work in 4.2, however, most of us are all running on 4.4 and you should be too to ensure that your system is up to date and patched for security. I have tested and verified this feature working as intended in my 4.4 install, so you probably have a misconfigured follow me setup or a conflict somewhere else on the system.

Have you tested follow me on another extension or tenant on your system? Does the same you described in your post happen or does it work like it should? It would also be helpful if you included a screenshot of your follow me settings

tearstone

May 11, 2018
Thanks for all the replies. I tested with other domain, looks like it is working fine. I removed the faulty domain and recreated it, now it is working fine. But I do notice that i have to do one thing to "activate" this feature, which was I have to configure time out value of first record to 0, then system will start ringing second record. After that I can change the time out value to what I want. That's why I call "activate" this feature. But for sure I will consider to upgrade to 4.4 system. But currently I have HA system, not sure what the proper procedure is to perform the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.