Fresh Install on either debian or ubuntu gets Bad Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkbrothers

Aug 10, 2022
Hey Guys, I've had a cloud instance of FusionPBX running for a few years now and it's been pretty good.
I was trying to add a couple of new extensions / devices to the system recently and had trouble with auto-provisioning and even just adding devices the mac address box wasn't there.

So before I mucked around too much with my production system, I thought I'd try the latest version. So I installed a fresh install of debian, and ran the install scripts from here https://www.fusionpbx.com/download

Seemed to run without error, and after installation showed me the usual password page.

Went to the web browser and got
502 Bad Gateway

Blew away the debian instance and tried a fresh Ubuntu installation, same error.

I can't see anywhere recent where it mentions the need to do anything with the Nginx configuration.

The log shows:
2024/03/16 11:41:48 [crit] 723#723: *21 connect() to unix:/var/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: xx.xx.xx.xx, server: fusionpbx, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock:", host: "xx.xx.xx.xx"

Is it missing a PHP module maybe? Anyone else have similar issues on a fresh installation?

Cheers
Dan

clarkbrothers

Aug 10, 2022
OK, interestingly, I went back to a fresh Debian installation and watched the install video for another opinion on the install process. I noticed that he moved to /usr/src prior to downloading and running the installation script. I tried that and it worked this time.
So maybe there's that little step to consider for anyone else running into the same issue...

Code:
sudo apt update && apt upgrade

Code:
cd /usr/src

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/master/debian/pre-install.sh | sh;

cd /usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian && ./install.sh

This appeared to work for me, not sure if it will work for anyone else but thought I'd share.

Cheers
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.