Growing pains... artificial call limits in freeswitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Hello world,

It appears as though freeswitch and/or my carrier (who said I'm passing caller-id incorrectly, that's fixed) have a 10 call limit but for the life of me I haven't found yet (or looked right passed it) where that's configured. Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated!

1710465543533.png

1710465640085.png

voipBull

Dec 3, 2023
In FusionPBX, the only two places I can think of are either in the Gateway settings page called 'Channels', or the Extensions setting called 'Limit Max'. The latter only gets used if you have enabled 'call-limit' in your dialplan.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
There are some settings in freeswitch/autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml but I doubt they are the source of your issue.

Code:
        <!-- Minimum idle CPU before refusing calls -->
        <!-- <param name="min-idle-cpu" value="25"/> -->

<!--
        Max number of sessions to allow at any given time.

NOTICE: If you're driving 28 T1's in a single box you should set this to 644*2 or 1288
        this will ensure you're able to use the entire DS3 without a problem.  Otherwise you'll
        be 144 channels short of always filling that DS3 up which can translate into waste.
        -->
        <param name="max-sessions" value="1000"/>
        <!--Most channels to create per second -->
        <param name="sessions-per-second" value="30"/>

It is far more likely that your provider as imposed a channel limit.

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Thanks voipBull and Adrian, I'm also leaning towards Adrian's suspicion of the carrier, I provided a slew of sample calls then they showed me their logs of a call that did go through successfully on our end claiming it was rejected due to the lack of callerID (fixed that issue digging through this forum and following the suggestion of setting 'pass-callee-id' to true on the gateways). Support really depends on the particular engineer you end up working with, there was nothing configured in the gateway or extension settings, but freeswitch/autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml looks interesting, especially because with the exception of nightly backups and the few days I had the messaging service running (3/10-3/12, never got it to actually work) CPU utilization isn't spiking above 25%!
1710504270775.png

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Thanks again team, didn't see a repeat of the behavior after setting 'pass-callee-id' to true on our gateways as instructed by the carrier's support engineer, though I'm pocketing Adrian's tip as I'm sure it will come in handy after 'real' growth!

1710684655364.png

1710684750242.png

Status
Not open for further replies.