HA Setup questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
My understanding is that Load Balanced fusionpbx doesn't work for all scenarios, and high availability is achieved via an active/standby, please correct me if wrong.

What's the mechanism of keeping the standby from registering with providers before its promoted to active?

Is the problem with load balancing that the LB must route calls according to registrations and other legs?

voipBull

Dec 3, 2023
I came across this exact same question when I started working on DB replication last week. Overall it depends on your unique setup, but in my case I just skipped replicating the gateways table, and then on the secondary box, manually configured a gateway with same name and details and marked it disabled. Probably not the best way, but the only way I could think of at the time.

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Thanks voipBull, I hadn't even considered the settings getting replicated yet. Since you're ahead of me in this game, had you considered not spinning up freeswitch on the standby until its promoted to primary, and if so what was your reasoning for not running with this simpler approach?

in my younger days I'd buy/borrow books but since the explosion of the internet I've been getting by on what's freely available online, partly because I'm cheap, and partly because I feel the quality of technical books has taken a nosedive in the past few decades, but if you have any suggestions I'm game.

Status
Not open for further replies.