how to upgrade freeswitch to new version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talmid_L

Sep 9, 2018
I would like to do the same. I installed Fusionpbx by the script and it seems that now Freeswitch is not installed from the repository but by source.

Previously I added the signalwire key to the apt/sources and was able to upgrade, but now I don't know.

Can anyone help us with this?

cemotyz09

Apr 23, 2020
I'm not using Debian but I'd guess you'd need to rebuild using the instructions starting at line 23 at
Code:
https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/blob/master/debian/resources/switch/source-master.sh

Talmid_L

Sep 9, 2018
On another thread I saw someone mentioning to run:

apt-get update && apt-get install freeswitch-meta-all freeswitch-all-dbg gdb

Would it break anything on a live system?

Talmid_L

Sep 9, 2018
If I go to /usr/src/freeswitch which is supposed to be cloned from git, it's not a git repository. I wonder how does FusionPBX install Freeswitch?

cemotyz09

Apr 23, 2020
On another thread I saw someone mentioning to run:

apt-get update && apt-get install freeswitch-meta-all freeswitch-all-dbg gdb

Would it break anything on a live system?
Probably, I've always heard that will cause problems

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Probably, I've always heard that will cause problems
yah I would not do this, there are many parts to a fusion install and if you let apt just update what ever it wants, I would bet it would break something.

I have always spun up a whole new Debian install, done a clean install of fusion then a backup and restore onto the new server, do this about once a year - also great for roll back if you have issues, just move the external static IP from one to the other and back if you have issues

Status
Not open for further replies.