importing extensions and devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Hello everyone, you have a real newbie on your hands. I have been looking at fusionpbx, after trying sipx and freepbx, I would like to know how to mass import the over 100 extenstions I have to create, as customer has sent me an excel sheet.
and after they are in, is there an auto provisioning feature to the phones.

Secondly, is the IVR capable of language choice, as did not see any options in the GUI

thanks in advance to everyone for your patience, and your experience and knowledge

Howard

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
I would like to know how to mass import the over 100 extenstions I have to create, as customer has sent me an excel sheet.
What are the contents of this excel file apart from extension numbers?

is there an auto provisioning feature to the phones.
Yes, there are some settings under Advanced->default settings->provision.
device prov eg.
http://fusionpbx-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/applications/provision/provision_auto_yealink.html

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
Alright, data in the excel sheet is spread across 3 db tables in Fusion - v_extensions, v_devices and v_voicemails. You may be able to convert excel data to csv and then using http://www.convertcsv.com/csv-to-sql.htm to generate step by step sql queries. Test with a cut down excel data (a couple of rows) and a test vm running Fusion. You may create extensions first using the 'range' drop down from gui; then run an update query to add details from file.

SQL queries can be run from Fusion->Advanced settings->command.

Another method is to read excel file using powershell (or any other scripting language) and generate sql.

Sorry I don't see an easy way out :)

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
I would be interested in doing this too. Is there a document explaining the db structure?

Are any of these tables joined?

daves

Apr 5, 2017
I have more than one large customer that I need to deploy.
As I am doing everything manually at the moment, its seems it would be an important feature to import from a CSV file for not only extensions, but also devices and contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.