Interdomain routing (is_local?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Hello world,

Poking around for a solution to keep calls from leaving the system if they're just going to be coming back in I found a couple of suggestions on this forum:
1. Use a script which looks up the destination against the table and changes the context if it exists. This seems straight forward enough but...
2. Enable is_local seems like the native way to do just that, though I haven't had much luck in my attempts.

Does anyone know of a good guide or documentation I can follow to get is_local working? I recall reading that the dialed number must match exactly the destination number, and have created a "Number Translation" to that effect but still see my calls hitting the provider gateway and coming back in.

If anyone has had success in implementing is_local I'd greatly appreciate a tip or being pointed in the right direction in terms of a resource.

voipBull

Dec 3, 2023
I played with is_local last year, when I wanted to see how it will look like when extension1 in tenant1 calls a 10 digit number for extension2 in tenant2. The only problem I came across that I couldn't really find a solution within FusionPBX was that the CDR gets messed up. A call like that was only generating one CDR entry in tenant2 labelled as 'outbound' (should've been 'inbound' for tenant2), and no CDR entry for tenant1 at all. Not sure if this is still a problem or was fixed since then.

Reactions: ardyhash

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Thanks, didn't even notice that until looking for it after you pointed it out. I'm convinced (don't know why) there's a way to do it with just dialplans but think I need to invest in a good book.

Reactions: voipBull
Status
Not open for further replies.