SOLVED Manually editing dialplan xml files

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueWater

Sep 1, 2017
Hello,

I'm new to FusionPBX and still getting my head around it but I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible (and advisable) to manually edit xml files.
For example I need to add bunch of lines to the /conf/dialplan/default.xml - how do I go about it without breaking anything? I tried to locate the default.xml file with "XML Editor" but can't seem to find it anywhere.

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
May be create a new XML file under dialplan directory? xml files from certain directories are autoloaded:

upload_2017-9-3_10-28-20.png

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
What sort of things do you want to add/edit? The xml files are not really the right place and may well be overwritten in the future.

BlueWater

Sep 1, 2017
I was following this tutorial http://kb.asipto.com/freeswitch:kamailio-3.1.x-freeswitch-1.0.6d-sbc and wanted to add something like that:

Code:
<extension name="kbridge">
     <condition field="destination_number" expression="^kb-(.+)$">
          <action application="set" data="proxy_media=true"/>
          <action application="set" data="call_timeout=50"/>
          <action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
          <action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>
          <action application="set" data="sip_invite_domain=192.168.178.23"/>
          <action application="export" data="sip_contact_user=ufs"/>
          <action application="bridge" data="sofia/$${domain}/$1@192.168.178.23"/>
          <action application="answer"/>
          <action application="voicemail" data="default ${domain_name} $1"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

Now I'm using different SBC than Kamailio so I won't be needing that, but nonetheless, I still want to learn Fusion/FS - would you say then that a best practice is to configure everything through GUI instead messing with XML files?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@BlueWater Absolutely do it via the gui. As soon as you have multiple machines in play for failover etc, it will get applied to ALL machines.

The above example you should do in Dialplan/Dialplan Manager

BlueWater

Sep 1, 2017
Thanks DigitalDaz :) And I'm also very happy to hear that it's possible to sync config between mulitple servers - that's exactly what I'm looking for to implement in the near future!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.