New Install Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Malone

Sep 7, 2017
I have been gifted with a new Hyper-V box, sip trunk and some ubiquiti switches and told to get the building connected. Of course I've run into various issues and have questions I haven't really found the answers.

1) The sip trunk comes into an ADTran box that I do not have rights to manage. I'm told by the provider that the adtran handles the registration for the sip lines. The adtran has the IP address of 192.168.1.254.

2) The hyper-v has 2 nics in it. The Voice vlan is #20. The router is 10.0.0.1 and the Hyper-V is 10.0.0.5. The Fusion box is 10.0.0.50. My initial thought was to take the second nic and plug the adtran directly into the second nic. Then give the second nic an address of say 192.168.1.99 with no gateway. But whenever I do on reboot none of the networking seems to function in Debian. If I give the secondary nic a gateway it seems to work half the time with network manager. If I set the interfaces us in /etc/network/interfaces then they seem to work better than network manager. Is this the best way to do it? Has anyone seen these types of issues?

3) I also had the provider changer the ip of the adtran to a 10.0.0.x address. I then plugged the adtran directly into my switch. Inside network manager I set a static route for the sip provider address. This seemed to work for outbound calls. But inbound calls got the 403 forbidden error. I also had the proxy address setup in fusionpbx. So when I took the static route out the outbound still worked. But still no inbound. I tried disabling the iptables firewall and set everything to allow. But that didn't' resolve the issue either. I also noticed that the profile for the gateway in the fusionpbx was set to internal. I tried external but it did not resolve either.

4) Domains question. So we have not purchased a real domain. I have just created domain.local on the local DNS server which seems to work. I have created subdomains for the multi-tenet as well. Do we have to purchase a real domain? Is this an accepted environment?

Thanks for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.