No Voicemail destination/actions in context menus anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2017
Hi! I have a fresh fusion install and when adding extensions the voicemail boxes get created and appear to be working, but there are no voicemail box extensions listed in any of the context menus - for example:
'Timeout Destinations' in Ring Groups
'Actions' in setting up a new Destination

Not only are the voice mailboxes not listed -- there is no menu option for voicemail at all.

I've installed fusion many times - although it's been a while. Did I miss something?

Sep 2, 2017
Well, I'm at wits end. I just did a complete reinstall from scratch with Debian 11, a fresh install of the master branch, and when I add an extension with a voicemail box then go to Ring Group and attempt to set the Timeout Destination to the voicemail box of the user I just created -- it's not listed in the menu.

If I add a Destination under dialplan, and attempt to send the incoming DID to the users voicemail box -- it's not listed in the menu.

Is this a bug?

Sep 2, 2017
This is what I see in the menu. The extension listed has an active voicemail box and it works fine.

Notice that there is no option to set the timeout destination to a voicemail box.

20230328_151949 (Large).jpg

whut

Dec 23, 2022
You are not the first to have this issue. I have not dug into why voicemail boxes are missing from the list for some servers yet. I recommend submitting a ticket to fusionpbx as you are not the only one with this problem.
As a temporary workaround:
1. select the extension as the time out destination
2. edit by clicking the button with the <| edit icon
3. in front of the text of the extension type *99
4. the text will be something like "transfer:*991234 XML customer1.domain.com"
5. save
6. note that the timeout destination now is "*991234" and is at the bottom of the dropdown list

Sep 2, 2017
Others are having this issue? Is there a thread for this somewhere? If so, my search-fu must be starting to fade with age.

I submitted a ticket on Monday. The response was:
This is not a bug. It is likely you have not assigned the voicemail_destinations permission to the current user's group. Visit Advanced > Group Manager, then click on the group that the current user is assigned to, and search for voicemail_destinations. Check it, then hit the Save button, and then the Reload button.

Let us know if this resolves the issue. Thanks.

I responded that there is no voicemail_destinations permission in any group, and send the same pic as above.

Thank you for the workaround. That will work great for the small deployment I'm currently doing.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Definately follow the recommendation and ensure voicemail_destinations permission is enabled for superadmin (assuming that is the permission group you are using). Logout and back in if the problem persists. I just checked one of the servers with this issue and that fixed it. I obviously overlooked that permission when looking for it earlier. It is an easier method than the edit method some spaz suggested above.

Sep 2, 2017
Definately follow the recommendation and ensure voicemail_destinations permission is enabled for superadmin (assuming that is the permission group you are using). Logout and back in if the problem persists. I just checked one of the servers with this issue and that fixed it. I obviously overlooked that permission when looking for it earlier. It is an easier method than the edit method some spaz suggested above.
That's fantastic! Please - tell me where to find it. I don't know where else to look.

I just checked the v_permissions table and the v_group_permissions tables - there are no voicemail_destinations permission there. There are a bunch of xxxx_destinations permissions but none for voicemail.

Attachments

• vmd.JPG
    vmd.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Did you run permission updates when you ran updates? The permission will be in the list in your screenshot.

Sep 2, 2017
Did you run permission updates when you ran updates? The permission will be in the list in your screenshot.
Yes.I ran it on Monday and again tonight. It didn't work.

My installation steps were:
1. Install and update Debian 11.
2. Run:
wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/master/debian/pre-install.sh | sh;
cd /usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian && ./install.sh

That's it. After that, went to update permissions, etc...

That permission is not there.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Go back to Advanced > Update in the GUI. Run every update option 1 at a time in order. 1, 2 ,2B, 3, 4, & 5. Then look for the permission again.

Sep 2, 2017
Did that on Monday. Did it again and got a 'Already up to date' but I ran it anyway. Still no permission.

Attachments

• same.JPG
    same.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 5

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Did you run #1, #2, #2B, #3, #4, & #5 each individually in succession? You need to run all of them in your situation where you are missing permission to ensure no updates are the culprit. I persist in this question because many people say "yes I ran updates" only to find out they only ran #1.

Sep 2, 2017
Oh yeah. I had tried them all. I just got off the phone with Mark. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the voicemail_destinations permission was deleted by accident. If this happens to anyone, do an update, set app defaults, set default permissions will fix it. These changes were made today.

Mark is INCREDIBLE to work with!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.