Sending calls to trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bork

Nov 28, 2017
Hi everyone!

I'm looking in to using FusionPBX as a bridge between my internal stuff (like billing and PSTN connectivity) and external stuff, like remotely placed PBXes. I hope this helps to describe my setup:
PBX1 (numA)
Internal (pstn) - FusionPBX <
PBX2 (numB)
What i want to do is that all calls from Internal to numA goes to PBX1, and all calls from Internal to numB goes to PBX2. I also want all calls from PBX1 to any other number (pstn) to go to Internal. This is straight forward, i added all three systems as gateways and defined outgoing routes.

The problem is that when PBX1 calls numB or PBX2 calls numA i want it to be sent to Internal (which will do stuff and send it back to FusionPBX). With my current setup they bounce on FusionPBX and Internal never sees the calls.

Is this possible to setup with FusionPBX? If so, could anyone point me in the right direction what to look for?

Thanks!

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Though it is possible, I wouldn't advise it. FusionPBX is not particularly good performance wise, it very good at doing whats its designed for and that is because it has many features, those many features can slow it down.

Bork

Nov 28, 2017
Though it is possible, I wouldn't advise it. FusionPBX is not particularly good performance wise, it very good at doing whats its designed for and that is because it has many features, those many features can slow it down.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think performance is a problem here. I checked out some performance tests and on simple sip+rtp proxying someone stated 1000++ calls on similar hardware to mine. I will probably not go over 100, and if i do i can just set up another box.
I looked into OpenSIPs which probably would be a better match but i found it hard to set up and probably overkill for my needs. Plus i'll need to handle RTP and preferably topology hiding which FusionPBX gives me for 'free' over OpenSIPs.

Any hints on how to achieve it? I'm very new to the freeswitch eco system so this might be obvious. Maybe i just need a push what to google for :)

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Can you make a diagram or something, it may help others help you, I'm having trouble visualising what you are trying to do.

Bork

Nov 28, 2017
Can you make a diagram or something, it may help others help you, I'm having trouble visualising what you are trying to do.

Is my beeaauuutiful ASCII art not visible? :)
Anything in particular that you want me to clarify?

The case is simply: Any traffic passing from PBX1 to PBX2 must take the path PBX1 -> FusionPBX -> Internal -> FusionPBX -> PBX2. It must not go PBX1 -> FusionPBX -> PBX2.

Are you familiar with the networking concept of 'router on a stick'? This is the same thing with 'internal' being the router, FusionPBX being the switch and PBX1 and PBX2 being clients on different VLANs.

Bork

Nov 28, 2017
Am i on the right track in believing this has to do with contexts? They don't seem to be easily configurable in the GUI and all guides just say 'use the default context' but from what i understand i could attach a gateway to a context that always sends all calls to Internal.
Then i just keep the current config for the Internal gateway and it will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.