Set RTP ports per domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Hi all,

I was wondering. Is there a way to set a specific RTP port range per domain? I need to create some firewall rules in my edge router and it would really simplify my life if I knew the RTP port range per domain.

Thanks!

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
You can limit ports by Sofia profile but not by domain.
Usually safe enough to allow RTP ports to “anywhere”

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Thanks @ad5ou for the reply. Just to double check, the configuration file to modify would be /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml, right? I am just asking because when I search for it in my Fusion box I find seven of them, however it seems to me all others are either buck-ups or configuration templates.

Thanks again

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I was incorrect in saying ports can be changed by profile. RTP ports are configured at the switch level.
Most of the configuration is created from the database.
Advanced>Default Settings
Advanced>Sip Profiles
Advanced>Variables

The file you referenced is where you could modify the RTP port range.

Unless you have very specific needs, leaving the default RTP port range and opening those ports to the public is the typical method everyone uses.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Thanks @ad5ou . My need to restrict ports comes from a third party recording system my customer has. Since FusionPBX/Freswitch do not have a CTI interface to speak of, the only way to control which is which is by RTP port range. It is a long story but it would help if I could know that ext1xxx are limited to UDP ports 16000-18000 for instance.

But I understand, I think we can do some trickery to control this a bit from the outside.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.