Time condition setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

i3ioi-iazard

Mar 14, 2018
I have the below time conditions set up. The third one for Sept 2nd worked for 8:00am but did not switch back to after hours after 5:00pm. I believe this is because my first time condition is taking over. How can I set this up so that whenever I put specific entries for days like holidays, they actually work? Is it just a matter of changing the order to be first? Or do I need to break my rules down further. I haven't been able to wrap my head around on how to do this easily. Help greatly appreciated.

1567522732160.png

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
In the condition you posted, if ANY of the conditions register as "true" then it will route to 1000.

An easy way to deal with holidays would be to create a new time condition and route calls to that one first. Let the holiday "true" option go to your after hours and the alternate destination go to the time condition posted above.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
You could get everything into a single time condition, but you would need to reverse the logic by setting all of the time of day entries to the out of hours times. Personally I think this method is harder to read and makes entering the conditions more complicated since times do not wrap around from PM to AM.

i3ioi-iazard

Mar 14, 2018
Thanks for the reply. What happens if we were actually open on holidays but for a shorter period? Does that mean I have a separate time condition for all holidays and the custom times and have the routing go to that first? for example

Time condtion 1: 6am to 11am monday to friday, weekends 7am-7pm - Alternate destination to after hours (order 501)
Time conditon 2: Sept 2 8am to 5pm - Alternate destination to after hours (order 500)

Wouldnt this see time condition 2 until 5pm and then send to time condition 1 since its range is 6am to 11am or am I looking at this wrong?

In the condition you posted, if ANY of the conditions register as "true" then it will route to 1000.

An easy way to deal with holidays would be to create a new time condition and route calls to that one first. Let the holiday "true" option go to your after hours and the alternate destination go to the time condition posted above.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
How you have it written, "condition 2" would end up as the first condition checked. So if it is Monday Sept at 4 pm, the call would go to the selected destination. If the call was Tuesday Sept 3 at 4pm, it would go to the alternate destination.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Here is an example that might help...or might confuse you further;)
In this example, the logic is reverse from yours. If non of the conditions are met, it routes to the "day/Main" mode.
if it is after hours or a holiday it goes to the night menu.
1567532565634.png

Status
Not open for further replies.