SOLVED Timezone via autoprovisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

derr12

Nov 23, 2016
I think im onto my last problem. I have set the timezone and ntp servers in the defaults. my grandstream phone does not appear to inherit the timezone or NTP server settings set in fusion. im always + 3 hours ahead of my server clock.

i thought maybe i could edit the XML file for the phone, but it appears to not be anywhere in the web folder or anywhere on the system.

i can set the phone time manually, but it overwrites it when rebooted. There must be something in provisioning that sets it, but i cant find it anywhere.

TheOperator

Nov 30, 2016
Bavaria, Germany
It is there ;). You have a Grandstream phone if I remember correctly. Thus you have two ways to edit it:
  • Via the GUI from the Advanced menu: Select the "Provision Editor" and then navigate to your vendor and phone subdirectory in the right pane and then you can use the built in editor
  • Directly on the file system. On a Debian install the files should be under "/var/www/fusionpbx/resources/templates/provision/grandstream/[phone]/{$mac}.xml"
Beware, these files are controlled by git. If you want to keep your changes you have to either work with git stash or exclude them from being monitored by git. Take your choice.

I don't know what shape those files are in, so you might have to put a bit of work in them to set up everything to your liking.

derr12

Nov 23, 2016
AH there we go, ive found the ntp server string, and i assume the self-defined city code is what i need for setting the correct zone?

derr12

Nov 23, 2016
nope, its <P64>, found it by setting it up on the phone, saving it, then downloading the XML from the phone. seems to work as intended after using the provisioning editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.