Upgrade to Buster and move to other machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGlasspoole

Nov 11, 2017
I really have problems understanding the upgrade process of FusionPBX.

What exactly are the steps (one by one) that are needed:

That mix of GIT and GUI is confusing. Do you need to do both?
Any customized scripts, having the same name as the default scripts, will be overwritten.
How do I know if there are customized scripts?
If your config.lua file was located in scripts/resources/, then you’ll need to restore it (from the backup previously performed) to scripts/resources/config.lua.
???

Then here: https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/advanced/version_upgrade.html#version-4-2-to-4-4
If you have made any changes to these make notes on the changes before you delete them.
and
Update these Dialplans by first selecting and deleting their entries from within the Dialplan Manager for all domains.
I don't know if there are any changes and does it mean you have to go through 1 million pages and settings in the GUI and note everything (screenshots)?
I mean who remembers every little setting he did over the years?
I have to delete all Dialplans to then create new ones (making notes of them before that)?

I also need to move FusionPBX to a new machine with Buster.
What are the steps for that?
Even the Jessi update does not work because i get:
Code:
~$ apt update
W: Failed to fetch https://packages.sury.org/php/dists/jessie/main/binary-amd64/Packages  HttpError404
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
I cant remember that i did add packages.sury.org to the sources and that site does not have Jessi anymore.

Here is my current status:
FusionPBX.jpg

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
You need to do a lot of homework before anything, you need to learn how to do a distro update which is well documented at the debian website and elsewhere. Once the distro is updated cleanly to buster including freeswitch, then it's quite easy to deal with fusionpbx. Most of it is in /var/www and you already have the database built, read below for guidance on what must be saved before starting. Hopefully this system can afford a reasonable amount of downtime to do the changes. The biggest part is doing the distro upgrade which requires doing homework as I said earlier so it goes cleanly. If it does NOT go cleanly, the chances you won't recover from it are great and will need a clean install. I will reiterate, save your database in any case before doing anything as well as your /var/lib/freeswitch folder, it has the messages and files that match the database. Personally, I have /var/lib/freeswitch as a separate partition so it can be left intact while doing a clean install if necessary. I also point the database backups to that folder instead of /var/backups/fusionpbx/postgresql/ where you will find your most recent database backups that you need to save for now. As far as modified scripts, you would know if YOU modified any, most of us never need to so it does not apply to us. I use the postgresql database, others including yourself may use another option but the principles are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.