Using FusionPBX as a call Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clive Churchyard

May 4, 2017
Hi Guys

OK so I have calls being routed to my Fusion instance using a Carrier Pre-Select service and I want them to now be routed straight out of a gateway.

Can this be done? - if so how?

Thanks
Clive

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I would treat the carrier sending the calls as an extension and then just fire the calls out in the usual manner.

Clive Churchyard

May 4, 2017
I would treat the carrier sending the calls as an extension and then just fire the calls out in the usual manner.
Thanks DigitalDaz.
So we will be receiving the calls from the supplier with a Cxxxxx in front of the 44<number>

so i will need to detect these calls, strip the code off the front and then send out of a gateway
will i need an inbound route and how to configure it and how to route direct to gateway.
there are no plans to have any extensions associated with these

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Create one extension for this carrier and I assume you will be IP authing it, do this in the extensions advanced settings where you can put a CDR to allow this.

Then create an outbound route for it and match based upon the sip_from_user. You can then use a regular regex match in the outbound route to remove the preselct stuff eg: for Cxxxxx something like ^C\d{5}(.*)$ and add the 44 prefix in the prefix box.

I'm also moving this thread to the general help section as this thread is for posting answers not questions.

Clive Churchyard

May 4, 2017
Create one extension for this carrier and I assume you will be IP authing it, do this in the extensions advanced settings where you can put a CDR to allow this.

Then create an outbound route for it and match based upon the sip_from_user. You can then use a regular regex match in the outbound route to remove the preselct stuff eg: for Cxxxxx something like ^C\d{5}(.*)$ and add the 44 prefix in the prefix box.

I'm also moving this thread to the general help section as this thread is for posting answers not questions.

Thanks again - ok so this carrier will potentially send maybe 20+ pstn numbers to our switch so i will need a sort of catch all from the ip ranges they have (already added to the acl as allowed CIDR), the only identifier we will have is that the number will be prefixed by our RID number so if our RID was C00123 the number appears as C00123441234567890@<ipaddress>

So if I'm understanding what you have suggested I need to do the following:
- Inbound destination will be incoming pstn number eg C00123441234567890 sent to the extension
- how then do i send anything to that extension to an outbound route that will strip the prefix off the front and send out like a normal sip route.

I'm not completely up to speed on the terminology so apologies if I'm not getting this straight away

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You are adding it a different way if you are adding them to the ACL and this is were you problems will start, adding to the ACL makes them be put into the public context, ie treated as if they are inbound calls destined for extensions.

By adding an extension for each CIDR you need this makes them go into an internal context so that they can be processed just like an extension and go outbound which I think is what you desire.

I have given you the regex to strip of the first bit I do not know how to strip the @IP but if they are a fixed length as in the above example it would be: ^C\d{5}(\d{12})$

The example above already has 44 which is contrary to what you first asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.