VOICEMAIL QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Good Morning all, I was wondering; I have a client who has 2 receptions, 201 & 202, I have the voicemails from 201 forwarding to 202, BUT is there a way to broadcast the messages, and when a message is deleted from either extension it gets deleted from both.

if someone out there can let me know, my client is becoming quite irate at checking messages that were already taken, so in the meantime I have removed the forward

thank you,

H

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
My response may be a FreePBX-centric, but in FusionPBX is there a way to point an extension's voicemail context to another extension? Additionally, could an additional extension be created to act as the all-receptionist-voicemail? That way if more extensions were ever added to that role they would all point to that mailbox.

Nov 30, 2017
Toronto, Canada
My response may be a FreePBX-centric, but in FusionPBX is there a way to point an extension's voicemail context to another extension? Additionally, could an additional extension be created to act as the all-receptionist-voicemail? That way if more extensions were ever added to that role they would all point to that mailbox.

That sounds like a plan, I am too new with Fusion, though, to know how to create a button to identify message waiting keys on the 2 phones that would pick up the messages from that "general" box"

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
I know with FreePBX there's a way to replace the extension/endpoint's native voicemail functionality with a separate extension's mailbox, rather than eat up an additional button (though this may be desired in your implementation.) Someone more experienced with FusionPBX would need to address this however, as I am still learning.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017
Toronto, Canada

What the documentation lacks, the community makes up for, Merry Christmas to you, your family and the rest of the community.

PEACE ON EARTH, GOODWILL TO MEN - AND WOMEN

Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.