vTiger CRM integration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Griffiths

Aug 11, 2017
G'day Whizzy,

This isn't full integration, but it might help if you're happy with inbound lookups...others may also be interested so posting to share the knowledge.

I've integrated FusionPBX with Active Directory to perform inbound caller ID lookups against contacts and user accounts DisplayName...I'd imagine the process would be quite similar with a SQL database. As a template you can follow, I achieved this by doing the following:

1. Created a separate site in Nginx with a separate root (to keep it isolated from FusionPBX)

2. Wrote a PHP script to lookup against AD from a GET request (also installed PHP_LDAP)

3. Enabled CIDLookup module and modified the XML to perform a GET request against the site using the inbound number

4. Created an inbound route with the lowest order number:
*Continue True (Important or it will match and stop!)
*Condition Context Public
*Action Set caller_id_name=${cidlookup(${caller_id_number})}
*Action Set effective_caller_id_name=${caller_id_name}

In your case I'd first investigate if there's an API you can use and modify Step 2 to suit.

If not, I would create a separate webpage on your SQL server to perform the lookup, make Step 3 lookup against that site

Worst case, create the webpage on the FusionPBX server, allow FusionPBX in the SQL db's ACL, have the script to connect to the db on the foreign server

Cheers,
Griffo

Status
Not open for further replies.