Yealink Dect Crosstalk

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
I am hoping someone may have a clue as to what's going on.

We have a user with 1 Yealink base and 3 handsets all registered as different extension numbers. Randomly 2 of the calls merge together

I though someone was pushing and holding the mute button on one of the handsets so disabled the push to talk feature incase this was the issue as it acts like a conference calls. I have been through the logs on the calls and don't see anything unusual and have call recordings of the calls so I knows it's happening. We even swapped out the base this week incase this was the issue.

I can't seem to find a cause and it only haves 2 or 3 times a day but at a loss where to look now.

Anyone had similar or have a idea where I can look. This is a w70B base with w73h handset all up to date on firmware.

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
Happens on the same 2 handsets and both extension users hear it. Not sure about their customers at the other end though

cagriaksu

Feb 23, 2024
To make sure that this is caused (or not caused) by fusionpbx, can you move one ıf the extension numbers to the not problematic handset and test it?

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
I have just moved the customer to an alternative pbx and it's still happening. I can't see anything in the logs that would suggest it's fusion doing anything unusual

cagriaksu

Feb 23, 2024
I have just moved the customer to an alternative pbx and it's still happening. I can't see anything in the logs that would suggest it's fusion doing anything unusual
What I meant was move the extensions to different handsets but you made the same test ina much harder way :)

At the moment I'm pretty sure that your handsets have faulty radio units.

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
I have multiple boxes build and the one I moved it two is known good so ruled out and issue.

I did also replaced the Yealink W70B base as well but the issues still remains. Starting to wonder if there is some sort of environmental issue causing it but who knows what that would be

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
If I'm reading this tread correctly, the only things you haven't changed out are the handsets?

I have seen faulty network switches intermittently send RTP streams to the wrong MAC addresses, but I doubt this is happening in your case because the base unit only has one MAC address.

cagriaksu

Feb 23, 2024
If I'm reading this tread correctly, the only things you haven't changed out are the handsets?

I have seen faulty network switches intermittently send RTP streams to the wrong MAC addresses, but I doubt this is happening in your case because the base unit only has one MAC address.
Thats why I'm suspicious about the handsets radios, it fels like they are sliding on their tdma slots.

@glennbtn why don't you swap those 2 handsets with some cheaper gigasets for a couple of days?