Yealink T54W - provisioning extensions on 2nd page of virtual screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
We currently have Yealink T54s configured with a single extension (position 1 on the display)and 8 BLFs associated with inbound sales campaigns (positions 2 through 9 on the display). We need to configure an additional 9 extensions and have them displayed on "page 2" of the T54's display. If I configure it that way in provisioning in Fusionpbx using lines 11 through 19, it drops lines 17, 18, and 19 (doesn't provision/display them) because the T54 only wants to use positions 1 through 16 for actual extensions.

The purpose is to allow the users to make an outbound call to a client using a specific extension that has a phone number in the call recipient's area code, but with these extensions displayed on the 2nd page of the Yealink display. Is there a way to get extensions configured in positions 17, 18, and 19 (or any other position for that matter) and not just in positions 1 through 16?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Strange one, are the BLFs shown in the generated config afterwards?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Sorry, I use BLF and DSS keys interchangeably. Force of habit.

Does something actually show up in the config when you configure Line 12 to be button 20 for example:

1664795734384.png

1664795841632.png

I don't have a T54W to test unfortunately. We buy them on demand

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
I had a theory that because the phone was a 16 line phone that it wouldn't allow provisioning line keys above key 16. I have some spare T53Ws on my desk for testing right now, so I tested that against them, but I was able to provision line keys higher than key 12 (T53s are 12-line), on up to the last key visible with paging (21). Keep in mind: with paging, you reduce the total key count by the quantity of screens (because the page button takes up the lower right key). But it sounds like even with that, you should have 27 functional keys.

I would love to know how the phone pulls & server combines the various provisioning files so that they can be checked without the phone actually pulling them. E.g. - it's clear you can just pull the {mac}.cfg file, but how do you pull/see the 000000000095.cfg file? (where the dss/line keys are configured...)

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
In the top right of the device page in question, you can download the file you want:

1664804113314.png

I think they also sit in the /tmp/ folder for a while, but it's a bit messy that way.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
From the sounds of it, you can configure your 10 extensions on the first 10 lines, then you should be able to arrange the keys as necessary.

Line 1 doesn't have to be on Key 1, Line 2 doesn't have to be on key 2, etc.

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
My advice would now be to move to the phone and manually set one of the keys to confirm if you can make it work that way. If you can, then do an export of the CFG from the phone and compare the BLF/DSS line key settings and make sure the provisioning file isn't malformed.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
From the sounds of it, you can configure your 10 extensions on the first 10 lines, then you should be able to arrange the keys as necessary.

Line 1 doesn't have to be on Key 1, Line 2 doesn't have to be on key 2, etc.
Mark Crane helped me with this and it is all done through provisioning. In devices, there's a line for each extension and then in keys, we assign each line to a key. Works great.

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
Mark Crane helped me with this and it is all done through provisioning. In devices, there's a line for each extension and then in keys, we assign each line to a key. Works great.
Oh, your initial posts really made it seem like you had that part down pat. Glad you got it worked out. I have been very impressed with the provisioning in FusionPBX - the multiline ability is clean, so I agree your use case should be easily accomplished.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
Oh, your initial posts really made it seem like you had that part down pat. Glad you got it worked out. I have been very impressed with the provisioning in FusionPBX - the multiline ability is clean, so I agree your use case should be easily accomplished.
I had never used that feature of provisioning before. Seems that Mark was way out in front with a lot of this

Status
Not open for further replies.