Add Area Code to Dial Out Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

drd

Aug 29, 2018
Perhaps I'm missing something that should be a simple, but I cannot figure out how to add it in the dial-plan so users wont have to dial the local area code for their region. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
I cannot figure out how to add it in the dial-plan so users wont have to dial the local area code for their region.
I hope you've got different outbound dial plan blocks for different call types like local, long distance, international ...

I'll give you an example using the default_areacode variable. The variable is set at Advanced->variables->defaults->default_areacode

Then you can do something like this in the dial plan:

2018-09-10 13_58_46-Dialplan - FusionPBX.png

If you are not using the variable, directly enter the area code.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
What's the best way to set the area code on a per user basis, is it possible to assign some setting to a user that gets read by the dialplan? Sometimes clients can work in different states and the way I do it now is a little messy, i'd be interested to hear what other people do.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
I don't know if America is like the UK, but everyone under the age of 40 has just gotten used to dialling the full CLI these days thanks to mobile phones. Makes life a bit easier here. :)

Anyway, how we have done it for people is using toll_allow statements on the outbound rules. So, if the toll_allow is 'Swindon' and they've dialled 6 digits exactly, prefix 01793 when sending it out the trunk.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I figured this one out, you can add a special variable setting to each extension by clicking on "Settings" in the extension and adding the area code variable in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.