All Circuits Are Busy Instead of Busy Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcourtney

May 27, 2022
Hey Everyone,

Really over my head on this one, would really appreacite any help or suggestions anyone can provide. The problem is that when someone calls into an extension that is busy the caller receives a "All Circuits Are Busy" instead of just hearing a busy tone, this is confusing and upsetting callers and they thing the phone system is not working.

Infrastructure: Shaw PRI <> GXW4501 <> FusionPBX <> HT812

When we call internally we get a busy tone as expected. I'm not sure exactly is playing the message, but I do believe it is the GXW4501. I guess I'm looking for a way for the PBX to not send a 486 to the GXW and instead playing a busy tone?

2022-12-08 15_09_29.png

Thanks,
David

dcourtney

May 27, 2022
For anyone that might run into this same issue with the GXW4501, here is how it was fixed.

1. Update the GXW4501 to the latest version, right now it 1.0.1.9 (August 24,2022), provides additional menu options.
  2. Download a US Busy Tone (wav) file and upload it to the Custom voice prompts on the GXW4501 (Gateway Settings > Voice Prompt > Custom Prompt)
  3. Update 486 to point to the US Busy Tone prompt (Gateway Settings > Call Failure Tone Settings (New))
Hope this helps anyone else save a little time in the future!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.