Anyone had experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrman0

Jun 16, 2020
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has had experience in using FreeBSD with FusionPBX?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
The lead developer @markjcrane was working on FreeBSD some time ago, I don't know how far he has come with it.

A couple of years ago, I tried FusionPBX on FreeBSD and could find no performance difference really between the two. At that point I decided to stick with Linux as it is better supported.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
I prefer FreeBSD and the more changes to Linux that make it less like Unix the more I like BSD. So expect support for FreeBSD to get better and better with FusionPBX.

Reactions: sethbridgez

sethbridgez

May 13, 2021
I've recently installed FusionPBX on FreeBSD 12.2 using the script on the install page (recognizing that it recommends starting with FreeBSD11.1 - which is EOL). I manage to get everything installed. Top shows Freeswitch , nginx and Postgres running. However, I can't login on the login page. I'm getting an Invalid Username and/or Password error. I've tried manually updating the password in Postgres but still no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

More: Nginx seems to believe that FusionPBX has been installed (https://192.168.1.17/index.php?msg=Already+Installed) when in fact the config.php does not exist anywhere in the relevant directories (resources/includes/web root).

Also: Although login.php refers to /usr/local/etc/fusionpbx/config.php under BSD, that folder wasn't created by the install script. I think maybe the BSD install script is broken?

I'm trying to set this up in a iocage base jail on a FreeBSD12.2 host.

Thanks

Last edited:

sethbridgez

May 13, 2021
In case anybody happens across my post above and faces the same issue:

The FreeBSD install instructions on the FusionPBX install page work just fine. However, please note that Fusionpbx cannot be installed inside a FreeBSD jail that way. It must be installed on either a bare metal machine or inside a bhyve vm. I assume that with additional work it can be installed inside a jail, but not from the install script.

I succeeded in setting the system up on a fresh FreeBSD13.0 bhyve guest. The host is running FreeBSD12.2.

Thanks to everyone at FusionPBX for the hard work on this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.