Anyone interested in docker or k8s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Just wondering, it seems its the way the world is going these days and I do like the idea of microservices. I;m currently playing with pyfreebilling and though I haven't done any of it in docker I have boken out everything into separate LXC containers.

Allen

Jan 14, 2018
I am also playing around with pyfreebilling. It's all on LXC containers. I have one concern, Freeswitch won't startup in an unprivileged container so I am using regular containers on Proxmox. After going through the pyfreebilling forum and implementing all the fixes you suggested (still not in the install docs) it seems to be ok. However, I do have concerns regarding the fixes and updates with pyfreebilling so I plan on sticking to LCX for now until these issues are addressed. Will start a new thread regarding pyfreebilling issues.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I am also playing around with pyfreebilling. It's all on LXC containers. I have one concern, Freeswitch won't startup in an unprivileged container so I am using regular containers on Proxmox. After going through the pyfreebilling forum and implementing all the fixes you suggested (still not in the install docs) it seems to be ok. However, I do have concerns regarding the fixes and updates with pyfreebilling so I plan on sticking to LCX for now until these issues are addressed. Will start a new thread regarding pyfreebilling issues.

My production PFB is nothing at all like what is released, I have it working with cross data center failover right now, its seems OK but at this very moment I am playing with my long term aim and that's cgrates with just kamailio and rtpengine.

I just feel the freeswitch adds far too much extra weight to everything. Currently my kamailio is authing out of redis.

Status
Not open for further replies.