Attempting to use tech prefix, not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusionpbxuser888

Jan 6, 2018
Hi:

I use Flowroute and for IP authentication (instead of SIP registration with their systems) I am required to prepend a tech prefix before the number to be dialed.

This is the dialing example they give:
Code:
12345678*13105551234@eu-west-ams.sip.flowroute.com

and this is what I have in my outbound route, last line
Code:
sofia/gateway/eu-west-ams.sip.flowroute.com/12345678*$1

If I try to resave this outbound route I get an "Invalid Token" message which could be a clue, is the * not allowed there?

In any case, when I look at the call data in sngrep I do not see the 12345678* before the number I'm trying to call. I'm using 11-digit 'long distance' preset. Thanks.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
It will work with the *. Change your last line to:
if regex captures 11 digits
sofia/external/12345678*$1@eu-west-ams.sip.flowroute.com
or if regex only captures the 10 digit number
sofia/external/12345678*1$1@eu-west-ams.sip.flowroute.com
You can also use the gateway drop downs, but I've found that flowroute needs the domain part added after the number.

From a Test server...
1586208214872.png

fusionpbxuser888

Jan 6, 2018
Hello... thanks much ad5ou for your efforts to help me. Unfortunately it did not start working with the suggested settings. I decided to step back and see if I could get outbound calling working with Flowroute using SIP registration, as has been working for me fine for years with fusionpbx 4.2.x and freeswitch version ? on Debian 8.

Unfortunately I still get the same problem with that set up now (fusionpbx 4.5.12). Inbound works, calls between extensions work, but not outbound. So pretty much back to https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/question-updated-480-unavailable-outbound.4018/ except the server is not behind nat at all. I'm not really felling up to working more right now but will get back to it when I can. I just wanted to say thanks.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Might be a silly question, but did you add your IP address to Flowroute's authorized IP list?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
This should be easy to debug, get sngrep going and see what you are sending in the initial INVITE fro there you should be able to then manipulate it to get it in the desired format required by the carrier.

fusionpbxuser888

Jan 6, 2018
This should be easy to debug, get sngrep going and see what you are sending in the initial INVITE fro there you should be able to then manipulate it to get it in the desired format required by the carrier.

As I was working on just that I noticed that (looking at sngrep) freeswitch was not sending any traffic at all to Flowroute, so it would not matter what code was sent.

I reverted to what had been working for a few years, SIP registration with Flowroute, and this also does not work. Again no traffic is sent to Flowroute during an outbound call attempt (I can see the SIP registration and pings to/from Flowroute).

Is there a way to clear out all the settings in Fusionpbx and Freeswitch to try a fresh start (without wiping the linux box and reinstalling everything)?

Any other help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.