SOLVED Auto provisioning with Yealink RPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chidado

Mar 8, 2017
Hello all,
I am having trouble auto provisioning my yealink phones (i.e T29G) with Yealink's RPs. I have added the phones MAC and the FusionPBX server URL and I am unsuccessful in provisioning this phone.

Thanks in advance

Chidado

Mar 8, 2017
Yes I can provision manually. My goal is to use Yealink's RPS to drop ship the phones to customer location.
Regards

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
If you can manually provision by putting in the URL then that URL should equally work at the yealink rps, all the rps does is pass the url to the phone.

Ulingo

Nov 18, 2017
www.ulingo.com
Things that catch most people are...

1.) You need the v81 firmware or higher

2.) Once you set the MAC address in RPS you have to default the phone for it to make contact

3.) having https configured and a ssl cert that isn't public or the phone has ssl disabled

You can view attempted connections in RPS to make sure the phone is even trying to contact RPS to narrow down the problem.

We rely on this for all our installations and it's great, allows us to drop ship from the distributor to the customer.

~Bigbear
www.ulingo.com

Reactions: DigitalDaz

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You can also check the nginx access logs for attempts from the phone.

Chidado

Mar 8, 2017
  • Phone is T29G firmware 46.81.0.70
  • Only Accept Trusted Certificates is disabled
  • In RPS, in log we see the mac of the phone and action device connection and result success.
From what I have read this suggests that the phone has connected to RPS. I have looked in nginx logs and I don't see the phone trying to connect. I suspect that I have not put the correct info in RPS under server and device.
When I input https://username:password@domain, I do see failed attempts in nginx logs.
"GET /app/provision/y000000000046.cfg HTTP/1.1" 401 23 "

Thanks for your advice Bigbear and Digitaldaz

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
try it without auth first, I never bother with auth but what I do use is the domain filtering.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@Ulingo Yes, auth is off by default. Until very recently I believe domain filtering was also off by default but both are easy to change in advanced/default settings

Chidado

Mar 8, 2017
We have enabled auth, which was off by default and http_domain_filter was set as value=false enabled=false

Claudio

Jan 3, 2018
So to bring up this old thread. Provisioning the first time via RPS works fine as long and fusion is configured correctly. The issue I have found with domain filter on and multiple domains I.e customerA.mycompany.com and customerB.mycompany.com is not pushed to the phone in the auto provision server URL field. So after the first provision from a defaulted phone you cannot push anything after that. The only solution I have found is to disable the yealink.provison.url line in the template so it maintains it from the RPS entry.

Thoughts ?
Claudio

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Please do not reopen solved threads, start your own and I will answer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.