"Backup" missing in menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ska

Aug 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I have an issue that I couldn't find a solution for – neither on Google nor here.

I want to backup and recover my settings from one fusionpbx installation to another. I already created a backup on the "old" machine on which I tested the whole system for some weeks/months now. However, I cannot recover the backup on the new machine as the menu item "Backup" is missing on the new machine.

I have a freshly installed Debian 9 Cloud VM on which I installed fusionpbx with the installation script:

Bash:
wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/master/debian/pre-install.sh | sh; cd /usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian && ./install.sh

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Sebastian

Attachments

• fusionpbx-backup-missing.PNG
    fusionpbx-backup-missing.PNG
    409.2 KB · Views: 10

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I may be wrong but I think the backup has now been removed in the latest version.

Reactions: yukon

ska

Aug 7, 2019
Oh ... that's a pity. So I have to do it manually? Or is there a way that I can recover my backup through ssh without the web frontend?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Backups and restores are best done through a script. (Automated or run from a terminal session) There are examples in the documentation. You can probably find variations in these forums too

noci

Aug 9, 2019
NL
It's a pitty the documentation is missing out on this item.
-- When followed from install script there are backup and maintenance scripts installed ( no restore though).
-- The documentation goes out of its way to explain how to add path etc. when it doesn't work; searching yields this post.
so atm this is causing confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.