BLF buttons for transferring directly to voice mail or for intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffcrews

Jan 3, 2020
Oregon, USA
Using FusionPBX to auto provision various T4 and T5 phones.
We usually define BLF on the phone with the extension for various users.
What we have not figure out how to do is to have the caller in your ear and you want to transfer the caller directly to voice mail.
Right now BLF will not work...so we have to have the user press [transfer] *99xxx [transfer]
where xxx is the extension you want to send the caller to without ringing the extension and go direct to voicemail

I have programmed a button labeled vmxfr which is set as Yealink Prefix *99 if that is used like this with an active caller:
[transfer] [vmxfr] xxx #

My customers just do not like so many key strokes when their old systems allowed them to do it in 2 buttons:
[vmxfr] [blf xxx]

Also it would be great to have a way to press a button then the BLF of the person to have the called party automatically answer in speakerphone so you can talk to the party without the called party having to touch the phone to answer talk and hang up.

Is there a place to find provisioning recipes for such things as this?

Thanks in advance.

jeffcrews

Jan 3, 2020
Oregon, USA
Also, I know I could make a button that is dedicated to intercom a single extension...I am hoping to not have to have a set of intercom buttons and a set of voice mail transfer buttons for each extension a phone might need to intercom or send the caller direct to voice mail.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
I have programmed a button labeled vmxfr which is set as Yealink Prefix *99 if that is used like this with an active caller:
[transfer] [vmxfr] xxx #
Well there's one of your problems ....
Your customers can do [vmxfr][blf_extension] - two presses

Also it would be great to have a way to press a button then the BLF of the person to have the called party automatically answer in speakerphone so you can talk to the party without the called party having to touch the phone to answer talk and hang up.
This exists and is called "paging" - they may be a prefix you can use, similar to what I mentioned above

Is there a place to find provisioning recipes for such things as this?
Provisioning can apply any button to the Yealink - issue here is you need to first work it out on a handset first

Status
Not open for further replies.