Call Center - Agent Weights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
Hello all,

I have an office setting where there is receptionist and three other employees. When a call comes in, the customer wants the receptionist's phone to ring. If she doesn't answer, it should then go to the next employee, then the next, and then finally the owner - in that specific order. I have been toying with different strategies and tiers/weights but I can't seem to get the flow to work correctly.
I am using Grandstream phones - GRP2616.
Has anyone done this before?

TIA!

Reactions: vuthy09

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
Ring Groups would work just fine in this scenario. Adjust the delay based on the order of the call being delivered.

Reactions: vuthy09

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
Under another post, I discussed ring issues with queues (my Grandstreams and some Polycoms will not ring after a couple calls come through). I changed to a ring group and no issues! For this specific tenant I am referring to above, I was able to do what you are suggesting. My two issues with a ring group are if call A comes in and starts ringing the phones and then call B comes in, call A will stop ringing and call B will ring the phones. Now call A sits there listing to music till (with my setup) they get sent to voicemail. The other thing is if someone picks up a call, the ring groups is not smart enough to not ring the phone while the user is on that phone.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
Well...I say that and then went in today and asked if all phones were ringing when calls came in...nope! I have no idea what could be causing this...the PBX says it sends the calls, the phones don't see anything come in. These are now two different client networks (25/5 and 50/10). Both of which aren't maximized and have been tested when nobody is in the office to use the network. FreePBX was running just fine for the one client. I'm starting to regret moving them to FusionPBX and trashing that VPS now...

Status
Not open for further replies.